The Arc of the Capital Area is seeking: a Family & Juvenile Transition Services – Bilingual Advocate-
The Bilingual Advocate works with children with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their family and caregivers under the Family & Juvenile Transition Services Program at The Arc of the Capital Area. Knowledge of disability services, special education, and/or guardianship highly preferred. Services are provided throughout Travis County, therefore reliable transportation is required. Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) required. Participation in agency-sponsored events may include evening hours.
Qualified applicants will
1. Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or a related field plus two years work experience working with individuals with disabilities.
2. Have a high school diploma (or equivalency certificate) plus four years work experience with individuals with disabilities.
Please fax cover letter and resume to (512) 476-9054 Attn: Kaili Goslant, Director of Agency Services or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All internal applications must be submitted by end of business Wednesday, February 11, 2015.
Development and Special Events Coordinator
Reports to Director of Development and Marketing
The Development and Special Events Coordinator is responsible for managing all aspects of special events and fundraisers for The Arc of the Capital Area as well as serving as the lead in managing the donor database, donor recognition, and helping to secure auction items.
Essential Job Functions
- Plan all aspects of special events to include annual golf tournament, Building Bridges Art Celebration and Auction (annual gala), and other events as needed. Duties include all event logistics, coordinating committee volunteers, preparing sponsorship materials, coordinating silent auctions, and helping to secure auction items.
- Manage relationships with third parties hosting events on The Arc’s behalf
- Manage the recognition of all donors through the database system including gift entry and tracking
- Create and participate in outreach and networking activities assigned
- Work with Director of Development and Marketing on planning events pertaining to Board of Directors, annual campaign, major giving events such as Amplify Austin, and other community events as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 1 – 2 years relevant experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel; experience with fundraising databases a plus
- Flexibility in work schedule – some weekends and evenings may be required
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Leslie Archambault, email@example.com by end of business on April 14, 2015.