The Arc of the Capital Area is seeking an Art Instructor:
Arc of the Arts Studio Instructor-
The Arc of the Arts Studio & Gallery is a creative arts program offered by The Arc of the Capital Area which provides services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The Arc of the Arts Studio & Gallery has a position available for a full-time Art Studio Instructor. The Art Studio Instructor works with artists from age 14 and up who have developmental disabilities, their families, caregivers and other support personnel.
- Ensures delivery of art program education services based on the mission, vision, values, and Code of Ethics of The Arc of the Capital Area.
- Effectively organize and coordinate the art studio activities and lead classes
- Work with the Program Manager & staff to design and implement basic introduction lessons to visual and performance art, focusing primarily on drawing, painting, ceramics, jewelry making, collage, digital media arts, music and acting.
- Educate and redirect clients in kind, effective and supportive manner
- Document, store, prepare and hang art work for art shows in the gallery and the community
- Supervise and direct volunteers
- Maintain a clean, safe and organized studio and gallery space in order to ensure that the clients are enjoying a safe and successful class
- Communicate effectively and maintain working relationships with families, caregivers and other support personnel of clients
- Manage art supply inventory
- Keep accurate attendance records and progress notes according to state standards
This is a full time 40 hour a week position. The Art Studio Instructor must be able to work reliably every Saturday.
- Complete professional background check, development and training in accordance with organization’s compliance standards
- A Bachelor’s degree in Art Education, Studio Art, Special Education or Social Work is preferred. Experience with people with disabilities is necessary.
- Applicant must have a strong sense of maturity, excellent interpersonal communication skills, be effective in managing and redirecting behaviors, and a desire to help others meet their potential.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, the Internet, and Adobe Photoshop software, and digital media system.
- Position requires some evening event hours.
- A sense of joy and humor is appreciated.
- Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax attn: A. Wieding to 512-476-9054. No walk-in appointments available.