The Arc of the Capital Area is seeking:
CLASS Case Manager
The CLASS Case Manager works with children and adults that have an intellectual and/or developmental disability that qualify them for the Community Living Assistance and Support Services (CLASS) program funded through the Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS). The case manager works directly with the client and families to monitor and coordinate program services and advocates for the client's needs in the community, school systems, and with providers involved with client services. The case manager routinely travels within an assigned service area to conduct client meetings, therefore reliable transportation is required. Knowledge of Medicaid Waiver programs a plus. Previous Case Management experience is desired. Bilingual is a plus but not necessary. Selected candidate must be reliable, have good problem solving and critical thinking skills; good communication and organizational skills; and be able to handle a role with deadlines and set standards. Work days are M-F 8am-5pm – No weekends.
Qualified applicants will be:
1. MUST Have a Bachelor’s Degree in a health and human services field AND two years' work experience specifically with people with DD/ID related conditions or similar disabilities OR a high school diploma (or equivalency certificate) AND four years' work experience specifically with people with a DD/ID related condition or similar disabilities.
Please fax cover letter and resume to 512-474-9648 Attn: Diana K Trevino, MSW, Manager of Case Management Services or e-mail resume and cover letter to Dtrevino@arcofthecapitalarea.org in response to this ad.
No phone calls please.
Adult Case Management: Case Manager
The Case Manager works with adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities under the Adult Case Management Program at The Arc of the Capital Area within Travis County. Case Manager will work directly with individuals and their family members to monitor and coordinate services related to Medical maintenance, money management, housing and living maintenance, employment and income maintenance, and daily living and resource development. The case manager advocates for the individual’s needs in the community and with other providers involved in their support services. Routinely travels within an assigned service area to conduct monthly face-to-face meetings, and social events for participants such as bowling night, movie night and coffee club; therefore, reliable transportation is required. Previous case management experience is desired.
Position requires an individual who is reliable and dependable; a self- starter; organization; ability to multi-task; someone who can be creative in finding and providing resources, and have true genuine desire to help individuals of all levels of functioning and their families. The position requires critical thinking and impeccable following up skills.
Qualified applicants will:
1. Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or a related field plus (2) two years’ experience working with individuals with disabilities OR
2. Have a high school diploma (or equivalency certificate) plus (4) four years work experience with individuals with disabilities.
FULL TIME- 40 hours –M-F- 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM – Schedule is flexible within weekdays to accommodate needs of face to face visit times with participants. Additional requirement: Participation in 3 monthly agency-sponsored client events as mentioned above will be required to include evening hours; one event until 5:30pm and one event until 7:30pm per month.
Please fax cover letter and resume to (512) 474-9648 Attn: Diana K Trevino, Manager of Case Management Services or e-mail resume to Dtrevino@arcofthecapitalarea.org
*Position is estimated to start July 20th, 2015 – No phone calls please.
Manager of Family & Juvenile Transition Services
The Arc of the Capital Area, a 501(c)(3) organization, has a current opening for the Manager of Family & Juvenile Transition Services. Responsibilities include: oversight and management of service area contracts to ensure compliance, maintaining and implementing quality assurance guidelines for contracts, collaborating with contractors at the local, county and state levels, and staff supervision and leadership of the program team. These programs serve individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families in home and community-based settings.
Qualified applicants will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, health and human services or related field.
- A minimum of two years of experience working with individuals with disabilities.
- Previous management, supervision and/or leadership experience required.
- Knowledge of disability services, special education, guardianship and/or juvenile offender programs highly preferred.
- Services provided throughout Travis County, therefore reliable transportation is required.
Interested applicants please send resume, cover letter and references to Kaili Goslant, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 24, 2015.
No phone calls please.
Bilingual Family & Juvenile Transition Services Case Manager
The Bilingual Case Manager works with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their family members and caregivers under the Family & Juvenile Transition Services Program at The Arc of the Capital Area. Knowledge of special education, at-risk youth, juvenile defenders, guardianship, disability services, and/or community resources highly preferred. Services are provided throughout Travis County, therefore reliable transportation is required. Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) required. Participation in agency-sponsored events may include evening hours.
Qualified applicants will
1. Have a Bachelor's Degree in Human Services or a related field plus two years work experience working with individuals with disabilities OR
2. Have a high school diploma (or equivalency certificate) plus four years work experience with individuals with disabilities.
Please fax cover letter and resume to (512) 476-9054 Attn: Kaili Goslant, Director of Agency Services or e-mail to email@example.com.
No phone calls please.
Hourly wage: $15.50/hour with benefits.