The Arc of the Capital Area is looking for a great intern for the spring of 2015 to support our marketing & development team. This is a wonderful opportunity to exercise your creative problem solving skills, work with a great team of people, gain nonprofit management skills and learn about event planning and marketing first hand.
Intern will support four areas of the marketing and development plan:
-Support staff in planning our largest fundraiser of year "Building Bridges" Art Celebration & Auction as well as additional events throughout the year. Duties will include coordinating logistics, recruiting volunteers, assisting with data input, picking up and dropping off auction items, and soliciting and securing in-kind donations.
-Work with Development Coordinator to update and maintain contact database
Marketing and Communications:
- Copy edit and assist with the distribution of press releases and new releases
- Update and improve website and social media
- Manage agency listings
- Assist with newsletter content
- Attend outreach events and act as a representative for The Arc
- Coordinate volunteer activities
Candidates for the position must have experience with basic marketing, PR, communication, social media, event planning, or related activity. In addition, candidates should have some or all of the following skills or traits:
- Faster Learner
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Familiarity with social media outlets
- Website experience is a plus!
This internship is unpaid, but offers a ton of great experience that will be valuable on a resume.
20hrs a week; M-F 9-1pm (Can be flexible)
Please send your resume and intern application to Aimee Chonoski at email@example.com
or call (512) 476-7044 x 223 for more information.